An exciting working meeting at South Mar Vista’s latest restaurant at 3817 Grand View Blvd. across from the Post Office 90066. Please make sure to RSVP by next Friday the 23rd to firstname.lastname@example.org and please UN-rsvp if your schedule changes – don’t be a No show! Please pay your dues by mail or in person (info below) and remember you can Donate with PayPal here on this website as well. http://www.southmarvista.org
Come out and celebrate this wonderful community, meet some terrific people, discover opportunities to get involved and explore ways you can make a difference.
· Pacific LAPD Cadets will do a flag ceremony.
· Dignitaries and Electeds will welcome us,
· Free hotdogs, pizza and drinks
· our ever popular Everyone plays 16”Chicago style no glove softball game
· 6:30 pm FREE – Self Defense Class for Youth aged 7 yrs and older (60 min class) taught by Sensei Alvin of Shield Karate (www.shieldkarate.com)
New this year we’ll have a number of short presentations (15-30 min) folks can attend to explore ways they can connect with their community and partner with LAPD to make our communities as safe and welcoming as possible.
· Introductory Adult Self Defense Demonstration by Paul McCarthy aka The British Ninja (30 minutes) starts at 6pm
· Neighborhood/Apt/Business Watch and You
· Community Connections – Looking for ways to get more involved in your community? Come hear some suggestions from some of our well respected community leaders from Westchester, Del Rey, Palms, Venice and Mar Vista.
· Ready to lead? Learn about some of these great partnership programs with critical city resources: Block Captains, Community Police Advisory Board, Neighborhood Councils, Park Advisory Boards
And we’ll have prizes and giveaways for those attending these special presentations!
See you Tuesday night!
Rob Kadota (email@example.com)
Pacific Community Police Advisory Board (CPAB)
C – 310.628.4095
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
CleanStreet of Gardena, CA will be Pressure washing and weeding the sidewalks, curbs and parking lane of the 3800 blocks of Grand View Boulevard in Mar Vista 90066 for several mornings this week starting Tuesday July 30th, 2013.
The South Mar Vista Neighborhood Association (SoMar) has organized the cleaning with the help of the Council District 11 office. This area south of Venice Boulevard at Grand View has been the site of the weekly Sunday Mar Vista Farmer’s Market, which is having its Seventh Anniversary celebration this Sunday August 4th.
The roadway was resurfaced a few years ago and does have weekly street sweeping by Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation but the sidewalks, tree wells and curbs are showing the impact of heavy usage.
The President of SoMar, Steve Wallace, is quoted as saying “The sidewalks have never been cleaned and the broken curbs were sprouting foot high weeds. We saw the need, had the funds available and are hoping to inspire a regular Power washing schedule with the help of the Farmer’s Market, its patrons, the City, the businesses and the South Mar Vista neighbors. The timing is perfect for a cleaner, brighter area for the Seventh Anniversary of the Market this weekend.”
CleanStreet is a City approved vendor and is well known for keeping the Walk of Fame in Hollywood sparkling as well as Business Districts in Old Pasadena and the San Pedro Historic Waterfront. CleanStreet uses professional grade, environmentally friendly products and waste water recovery systems that are in full compliance with all Federal, State, Regional and City storm water and noise regulations.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Steve Wallace 310- 714-9225