South Mar Vista Neighborhood Association
Mar Vista, CA 90066
President – Steve Wallace – email@example.com
Vice-President – open
Treasurer – Christopher McKinnon – firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary – tbd
Newsletter and Website – tbd
BLOCK CAPTAINS – open
It is important to have active members on each street in the form of a Block Captain for safety, security and emergency preparedness. Block Captains are needed for most blocks in the neighborhood. For information on becoming a Block Captain contact Steve Wallace at email@example.com.
Responsibilities of a Block Captain Include:
• Serving as a liaison between the block residents and the Police Department and neighborhood association as well as distributing newsletters, crime prevention and Association news.
• Maintain a map and list of neighbors, including names, addresses, phone numbers and vehicle information.
• Alert neighbors in the event of crime or an emergency situation which could require an area evacuation.
• Greet new neighbors and educate them on the community watch and the neighborhood.
• Co-ordinate and host an initial block meeting and then at least one yearly block meeting.
If you are interested in becoming a Block Captain or starting a Neighborhood Watch Committee on your block contact our LAPD Lead Officer: Hector Aceves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3 thoughts on “Board and Block”
We are doing a Mar Vista Eco-Community Video Project. I wanted to share the info with you and your readers.
Here is it:
Thanks and Happy Earth Month!
Deborah – Didi Pop
Hello, the Mar Vista Art Walk is a fun, FREE quarterly local event along the 1-mile stretch of Venice Blvd between Inglewood Bl – Beethoven St. We would love to be added to your Neighborhood Links section:
Thank you neighbors!
Please try to attend tomorrow’s MVCC Planning and Land Use Committee meeting.
The new Draft Palms Mar Vista Del Rey Community Plan will be discussed.
There are many proposed changes that affect your neighborhood.